Saturday, February 19, 2011

2011 Garden Step 1

After looking at what we all eat, and spending a lot of time at two stores agonizing over the different seed varieties available, I have decided on what will be in this year's garden.


The seed packets' backdrop, if you did not recognize it, is one of those compressed peat moss greenhouses, and will be used to germinate some of the seeds while the weather is still too cold to plant. I've never used one, but it looks like a cool idea.

Since I have all the yard space I want to commit to this adventure, the next step will be deciding the general size of the garden, and how many seeds from each bag will end up in the first planting. Fortunately, I have grown some of these vegetables before, and know what yields to expect. The ones I haven't, well, there are still people around here who do not lock their cars during the harvest season.


.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to another gardening season .Unfortunately its 20F outside.
    I will start some plants in 2 or three weeks.

    ReplyDelete